Thursday, April 27, 2017

R:7

Selfies

 I believe selfies can only give the audience a very broad idea of the person and their identity because it only shows people the exterior. One thing that stands out in selfies are obviously the features on the face. Usually selfies are taken up close to the face, therefore I believe if you openly share that with a large number of people then you portray a sense of confidence. I believe one visible aspect of my identity is my confidence. Moreover, in my selfies you can identify that I am into fashion because you see a pattern with my clothing that represents I am open to different trends. With my selfies you can easily identify that I am into makeup and artistry. In each photo I have a different look, from a bold dramatic look, to a unicorn look. Another identifiable aspect in my selfies is my nationality. Besides seeing my Middle Eastern facial features, people are able to identify my nationality due to the necklace I have on in my first picture. If you analyze the photo, you can see that I am wearing a necklace that spells my name in Farsi, which confirms that I am Persian.



There are a lot of aspects of my identity not visible in all three selfies. In fact, I believe it is really hard to represent ALL aspects of your identity in just three photos of your face because it only portrays your exterior and very little of your interior. One main aspect not visible is my personality. Typically, when it comes to photos of my face, I don’t like to smile. By not knowing me and just seeing my photo, you would think that I am a very serious and an unfriendly person, when in fact that is completely wrong. I have a very cheerful personality and I love to laugh. Selfies can be very misleading because it’s basically judging a book by its cover. The many things not identifiable in my selfies are listed below.

  • Passion for animals
  • Passion for shopping
  • Level of compassion
  • Relationship status
  • Goals
  • Level of education
  • Social class
  • Personality
  • Health status
  • Etc…

No comments:

Post a Comment