Wednesday, April 5, 2017

R5


French philosopher Michel Foucault died before the advent of the Internet, yet his studies of social conditioning and identity formation in relation to power are applicable to life online. ( Rayner) Sharing things on social media is something that most people have become accustomed too whether its sharing an engagement photo or even a post to show off where you are. But sometimes you post things that you value and believe in. A Foucaultian perspective on social media targets the mechanism that makes it tick: sharing. ( Rayner) We post things to share important events and also we want to see other people's posts. With certain media cites you have to be extra careful what you post because you don't want the wrong impression. 

Scrolling thru my Facebook page, you will see a wide variety of sports, news stories that are meaning full and things about cooking. Even tho you will find other random things its very rare for me to repost something or even post something. I tend just to see what other people are posting and share my thoughts and reactions to that. 


 

Here are two links that I would post on my Facebook: 

https://www.tablespoon.com/posts/5-killer-bundt-pan-hacks?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=video 
http://www.espn.com/blog/okc-thunder/post/_/id/2456/as-westbrook-makes-history-thunder-dominate-the-bucks

This first link is talking about hacks for a bundt pan and the multiple uses that one can use it with. 
The second link is talking about Russel Westbrook and him making headlines. When it comes to links of things I post things that I want to revisit and re look for inspiration.  

Two links that I would not post on my Facebook: 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38563143
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/02/28/fbi-investigating-shooting-of-two-indian-men-in-kansas-as-a-hate-crime/?utm_term=.98e6183983a2

Facebook is one place I won't post anything political because there is always so much political talk on it that I just don't want to get involved. Another thing is anything that has to do with certain current events because its just sad to see what people are willing to do. 


Rayner, Tim. "Foucault and Social Media: Life in a Virtual Panopticon." Philosophy for Change. N.p., 11 Nov. 2012. Web. 05 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment