Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Selfies are cool



Selfie Assignment

Reflection #7

         Being born in the 90's I was obviously around for the birth of the selfie and most of my selfies nowadays come from snapchat or are taken of me by a friend as we are on our outings. The three pictures that I chose are one of just me and the other ones I chose are one of my mother and I in the car and the other one is my father and I on vacation driving go-karts. I enjoy pictures for the most part, I would consider my self photogenic and have no problem taken pictures at all. My friends and I send selfies back and forth on snapchat thats how we do it nowadays but you can also send videos now via snapchat and that for the most part has taken over the selfie wave.  My three selfies explain me in a nutshell, give you a sense of my identity and well as shows my race and ethnicity as well as my gender. These pictures help show my identity in different aspects of life, it shows my fraternity which is a big part of my life as well as identity. Then the next picture of me and my mom help show that of course I love my mother dearly as well as it shows you I am a well dressed young man, always well put together. Then the last one of me and my dad show our relationship in a nutshell and how we like to have fun and spend time together, and I chose these pictures because I was blessed to live a life with both of my parents around and I do no take that for granted. 



Selfie #1: This is a picture of just me and I am showing off my fraternity which is Kappa Alpha Psi and we call ourselves NUPES. I wont tell you what it means but i chose this selfie because it does help identify and part of me. I have my hand it the shape of a diamond surrounding the word NUPE on my shirt because the diamond is like our fraternal sign and I take my frat pretty serious and I wanted to post a picture that helps represent who I am and what frat I belong too. 


Selfie #2: In this selfie of course it is me and my mother and we are both well dressed but it is not clear where we are headed or what we are doing. I chose this selfie because there is an aspect of my identity that is missing in this picture. Which is that me and my family are religious and my mother and I were actually on our way to church. This picture does show indeed that I am kinda goofy as I am making a funny face while taking this picture. Most of the selfies I take have different faces as I am a very fun out going person and definitely enjoy spending time with my parents. 


Selfie #3: I know this picture is kinda blurry but I really like it because it is of me and my father and we have the best relationship ever. My dad and I have been close since I was born and he was always there for me to support me and help me whenever I needed help. This is a selfie of us on vacation acting a fool of course, I know it is kind of cut off but both of us were smiling and having a great time go-karting. My dad and I are always doing things together like going to concerts, basketball games, football games, etc. Basically my dad is one of if not my best friend and I definitely do I take him for granted. I owe my father and my mother the world and I promise before they die that I will give it to them. 


This was just a bonus selfie that I wanted to post. My mom on the left, our dog which is a Portuguese water dog named Kalo, and then my dad on the right. These three are what motivate me to get on going in life. I know that I always have a support system that will have my back through no matter what. I have been through many ups and downs in my life and even at my lowest of lows my parents have never given up on me. And for that I had to post this photo of them to really express my love for them. 












No comments:

Post a Comment