Tuesday, May 2, 2017

R7


When searching for selfies of myself I have found out that I do not actually take selfies unless I am using the Snapchat app. I rarely ever post selfies of myself to social media platforms such as Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram as I feel that selfies are a sort of self absorbed thing to do. I generally post things that involve multiple people or a picture of myself someone else had taken doing something that I enjoy, for example when scrolling through my Instagram I find multiple pictures of myself with family, friends, fishing, or playing lacrosse. I do not often post either as I tend to lean toward not putting images, or opinions out on my social media accounts. The selfies that I have chosen to use all identify with myself as they describe things that hold value in my life. 


In this selfie I am on my computer on a website called Barstool Sports, I use this website often as it is a sports/news blog that have comedic takes on topics in the sports world as well as political and popular culture. This selfie shows also that I am in more towards the middle of the socio-economic scale as I have a Dell computer which is less costly compared to Apple computers and what I can afford. I would also culturally identify myself as a "stoolie" which is someone who is a regular user of the site, and I have also purchased t-shirts that they sell.


This was sent to me recently from one of my close friends, he had screenshot this as it was sent as a Snapchat. I am a big fan of the Bills and it helps develop my cultural identity with being a fan. I also go to many games being from a town over from the stadium and I also identify myself with the Bills Mafia, which is a group of people who are fans. Someone who would be part of the Bills Mafia would be a die-hard fan, who does not even think about not watching or not going to a game when the opportunity presents itself. 


This is a more recent selfie of my good friend in the background using a chainsaw as we were doing some spring cleaning of our backyard. We both enjoy being outdoors so doing some lawn/tree maintenance is necessary in order to provide a spacey room for various activities. I am wearing a fishing hat which I believe helps show my cultural identity as I like to fish wearing my Columbia Performance Fishing Gear hat shows that I identify as someone who enjoys fishing. 

Given the selected selfies there are many things that help identify how I can be perceived by the things that I wear or the things in which I participate in, however there are somethings that are not visible within these selfies. One of the things that is not visible in any of my selfies is my sexuality, as it is not necessarily the goal of the selfies I take to show. 








No comments:

Post a Comment